Who wants to spend more time in the bathroom shaving, and less time enjoying gorgeous weather and the beautiful outdoors? Franklin Skin & Laser ends your reliance on costly, time-consuming, and uncomfortable razors, tweezers, waxing kits, and depilatory creams that only achieve temporary results. Laser hair removal is an alternative to painful and tedious electrolysis.
While every patient’s experience with the procedure of laser hair removal is different, generally, you can expect the following steps when turning to your trusted Franklin TN dermatologists:
- Consultation – A Board-certified surgeon, Dr. Bengelsdorf has invested in many medical lasers, which are equipped to treat more types of patients than ever before. A treatment plan will be developed based on the complexion, hair color and thickness, and the treatment area.
- Preparation – As with other types of light-based therapies, it is advised that you avoid tanning and other cosmetic procedures before your appointment. Irritating perfumes and skin care products can increase your risks of side effects, while some drugs and herbal supplements are associated with increased bleeding.
- The Appointment – Many advanced lasers are generally equipped with built-in cooling and other technologies to aid in your comfort. As the licensed medical esthetician, under the supervision of Dr. Bengelsdorf, applies the device to your unwanted hairs, you may feel what has been compared to the snapping of a rubber band against your skin. Unlike electrolysis that treats a single hair follicle at a time, lasers treat thousands of follicles in a single pass. Peach fuzz may be removed precisely in minutes, while bigger areas such as the back and legs can be treated over the lunch hour.
- After-care – It’s common to experience some redness, swelling, and discomfort afterward. The doctor can recommend products to help manage these fleeting side effects. It is advised that you avoid direct exposure to the sun in the week or so after the procedure.
- Follow-up appointments – By targeting the melanin or pigment that gives hair its color, heat damages the hair follicle. Since hair grows in cycles, to get the results you desire may require 5 to 7 sessions spaced about a month apart. Treated hairs fall out in the coming weeks.
The Franklin Skin & Laser team knows that every patient is different. You may require more or fewer sessions than a friend, due to factors such as the area to be treated, skin tone, and hair color and thickness. Regardless, the team guarantees its results for up to two years. Necessary “touch-ups” following completion of your laser hair removal package are complimentary.
Get ready to live razor and tweezer free! Call (615) 595-8177 to schedule a consultation.
- Procedure of Laser Hair Removal Franklin TN – Free yourself from burden of razors or waxing with the laser hair removal procedure in Franklin TN
- Smooth Skin with Laser Treatment Franklin TN – Treat your skin with Laser Treatment at Franklin Laser TN
- State-Of-The-Art Medical Grade Lasers Franklin TN – Franklin TN specialists precisely remove unwanted hair with state-of-the-art medical grade lasers
- Laser Hair Removal At Franklin TN – Ditch the razor with long lasting laser hair removal in Franklin TN
- Remove Unwanted Hair Efficiently Franklin TN – Franklin TN home to improved laser alternative to shaving or waxing to remove unwanted hair efficiently